Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the GCLS Resource Guide on Homelessness.
This guide provides resources for adults, youth, and families who are experiencing homelessness with a focus on services provided in Gloucester County as well as throughout the State of New Jersey.
NJ Homeless Hotline
New Jersey residents experiencing homelessness can dial 211 for help 24 hours a day.
As the State's Homeless Hotline, 211 works in partnership with county agencies throughout New Jersey in an effort to ensure that those experiencing homelessness have a safe place to stay at night. They also do their best to connect those in need with local resources in an effort to address the underlying issues related to homelessness.
Those in need can call 211 at any time of the day or night, any day of the year. Services are accessible in different languages for non-English speakers.
If you live in NJ and you are experiencing homelessness, dial 211 or 877-746-5211. They will connect you with your county’s most appropriate resources.
211 NJ Website
Gloucester County Resource Guide
Gloucester County Resource Guide
This guide provides contact information for an extensive array of community resources serving Gloucester County Residents. Resources are organized into six categories: Food Resources, Healthcare Resources, Housing Resources, Legal & Financial Resources, Resources for Families & Children, and Resources for Seniors.
Assists with temporary emergency shelter, food, utility assistance and in some cases clothing and household furnishings for homeless persons who are eligible for TANF, GA and/or SSI under certain circumstances. Offered through Gloucester County's Department of Health & Human Services.
Shelters & Emergency Housing: New Jersey
HUD's New Jersey list of shelters and emergency housing organized by county.
Gloucester County Office of Mental Health
Connects Gloucester County residents with appropriate mental health and addiction services.
Homeless Information: New Jersey
HUD's full resource guide on homelessness for New Jersey residents. Offers resources on emergency housing, legal issues, food banks, clothing resources, financial benefits, and job training, among others.
First Call for Help - Gloucester County Homeless Hotline
First Call For Help - 1.800.648.0132: First Call for Help provides homeless intervention and case management, emergency shelter placements, and emergency food assistance to Gloucester County Residents. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
Selection of Gloucester County Shelters & Emergency Housing
- Family Promise of Gloucester County
- Telephone: 856-243-5971
- Address: 206 Ellis Street, Glassboro, NJ, 08028
- Description: This organization provides emergency housing, food, and case management services.
- Services Empowering Rights of Victims (SERV)
- Telephone: 856-881-3335
- Address: P.O. Box 566, Glassboro, NJ, 08028
- Description: This organization provides emergency shelter to those who are experiencing domestic violence.
- Street Outreach Program for Homeless Youth
- Telephone: 800-355-0660
- Address: P.O. Box 1004, Williamstown, NJ, 08094
- Description: Provides emergency housing to homeless youth ages 9 through 21.
- Together Youth Shelter
- Telephone: 856-881-6100
- Address: 301 Green Tree Road, Glassboro, NJ, 08028
- Description: This organization provides emergency housing, food, mental health and addiction services to youth ages 13 to 19.
- Center for Family Services
- Telephone: 856-881-7252
- Address: 250 South Delsea Drive, Glassboro, NJ, 08028
- Description: This organization provides emergency housing, mental health and addiction services to adults and families.
- Volunteers of America Eleanor Corbett House
- Telephone: 856-881-5550
- Address: 948 Whig Lane Road, Glassboro, NJ, 08028
- Description: this organization provides emergency housing to those experiencing domestic violence.
Other Emergency Hotlines
These state-wide and county based hotlines are designed to give callers information and support for a variety of issues.
- Women’s Referral Central - 1.800.322.8092 - provides statewide information and referral for women. Referrals are based on issues of concern to women in NJ including, but not limited to, abuse, legal or medical issues, and homelessness.
- Camden County Addictions Hotline - 1.800.675.1127 - provides statewide addictions information and referrals.
- Coordinated Assessment - 1.833.322.4663 - provides referral services for individuals and households from Camden, Cape May, Cumberland and Gloucester County who may qualify for priority designation for federally-funded permanent housing opportunities.
- Family Health Line - 1.800.328.3838 - provides statewide referrals to maternal/ child family health services including WIC (Women, Infants, Children), family planning, Healthstart Maternity and Healthstart Pediatrics, FAS and Prenatal Addiction services, Rape Crisis, nutrition programs, pediatric case management, immunizations, child health conferences, cancer screening programs, and Perinatal Mood Disorder (Postpartum Depression).
- Street Outreach Services Teen Helpline - 1.800.355.0660 - provides teens under 21 years of age with crisis intervention, advocacy, counseling, and prevention services.
- SERV Domestic Violence - Gloucester County - 1.866.295.SERV (7378) or Cumberland County - 1.800.225.0196 - provides support to victims of domestic violence in Gloucester and Cumberland County residents.
- SERV Sexual Violence - Camden County & Gloucester County - 1.866.295.SERV (7378) or Cumberland County - 1.800.225.0196 - provides support to victims of sexual violence in Camden, Gloucester, and Cumberland County residents.
- Together Youth Emergency Housing Hotline - 1.800.255.4213 - provides housing assistance to teens who have run away or are in need of a safe place to live.
- Kaleidoscope LGBTQ Youth Support Hotline - 1.800.255.4213 - provides LGBTQ support to teens.
Text START to (856) 270-7883.
A Reference Librarian will respond as time permits during normal business hours. Charges from your provider may apply.
Librarian By Appointment
Librarian by Appointment is a service that allows you to schedule a one-time session of up to one hour with a member of the reference staff.
Gloucester County Board of Commissioners
Frank J. DiMarco
Commission Library Liaison