What is the MakerStudio@GCLS?
The desiginated MakerStudio@GCLS spaces are supplied with tools and equipment ranging from the very basic to the latest cutting-edge technology in which people of all ages can gather to learn, socialize, experiment and create. Check out our MakerStudio@GCLS spaces below:
- MakerStudio@GCLS room in the Mullica Hill branch is the main makerspace geared towards ages 9 through to adults. It houses 3D printers, virtual reality development kits, vinyl cutter, serger machine, Arduino microcontrollers, and much more.
- DesignStudio@GCLS, outside the main MakerStudio at Mullica Hill, is a space dedicated to music mixing and animation.
- CreativityStudio@GCLS is located in the Glassboro Branch Library. The space features a 3D printer, animation equipment, virtual reality development kits, and much more.
- MakerStudio Jr. room is located in the Children's department at the Mullica Hill branch and is designed as a free play area where children under age 9 can imagine, create, and build.
- Mobile MakerStudio carts can be found at our Glassboro, Greenwich, Logan, and Swedesboro branches. They are geared for ages 5 to adults.
- GCLS Logan branch has a 3D Dremel Printer & Certification available by appointment. Please call 856-241-0202 or email email@example.com for more information. Scheduled programs can be found under Logan events at http://www.gcls.org/calendar/logan.
Using the MakerStudio@GCLS
To use the MakerStudio@GCLS, all Makers must:
- Complete the Maker Agreement form
- Verify his/her identity with valid library card or valid photo ID
Want to use the 3D printer, vinyl cutter, or serger machine?
- Makers must participate in mandatory safety trainings to use the tools mentioned above.
- Certification training is scheduled by appointment. Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Are you certified and want to reserve time on the 3D printer?
MakerStudio Hardware & Software
Makerbot Replicator 2 - 3D Printer
Makerbot Replicator 5 - 3D Printer
Roland Sticka SV-15 Vinyl Cutter
Singer Serger Machine
Button Making Machine
Digital Media Lab
- Analog to Digital Conversion Suite
- Music / Voice Production
- Video Production
- Oculus Rift and HTC Vive Virtual Reality Kit and Gaming Development Suite
- Click here for more information and specifications
Lego Robotics Mindstorms NXT (also available in the MakerStudio Jr.)
Arduino & Raspberry Pi (also available in the MakerStudio Jr. and the Mobile Maker Carts)
Makey Makey (also available in the MakerStudio Jr. and the Mobile Maker Carts)
Little Bits (also available in the MakerStudio Jr. and the Mobile Maker Carts)
Lego WeDo Construction & Early Simple Machine Kits (only available in the MakerStudio Jr.)
Elenco Snap Circuits (also available in the MakerStudio Jr.)
389 Wolfert Station Road
Mullica Hill, NJ 08062
Text START to (856) 270-7883.
A Reference Librarian will respond as time permits during normal business hours. Charges from your provider may apply.
Receive Email Updates
Receive Email alerts whenever guides of interest to you are published.